Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A to Z Book Survey

Created by Jamie of Perpetual Page Turner

A to Z Book Survey


Author you’ve read the most books from:

I think the honor here goes to Ann M. Martin. Babysitters' Club, Babysitter's Little Sister, the Specials, Super Specials, the mysteries... I read most of them! 

Best Sequel Ever:

Froi of the Exiles by Melina Marchetta

Currently Reading:

Eleanor and Park, Intuition, Parallel, The Queen of Attolia... and those are just the ones I can see from where I'm sitting!

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Usually just water, if that. 

E-reader or Physical Book?

Physical books all the way! I only have books on my phone when they're e-shorts as yet unreleased in book form.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

No one immediately comes to mind, but give me a while to think.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

The Book Thief, by Markus Zuzak

Hidden Gem Book:

My Most Excellent Year, by Steve Kluger. Almost no one has ever heard of it, but it is FANTASTIC

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

When I saw one of my friends reading Gregor the Overlander and immediately got it from the library to read myself. From there I discovered The Hunger Games  and the whole wide world of YA!

Just Finished:

A re-read of The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Anything super-Christian. I'll read overtly Jewish, overtly Muslim, overtly some made-up religion, but Christianity in novels usually rubs me the wrong way. (Disclaimer: I identify as Christian.)

Longest Book You’ve Read:

I guess The Hobbit? Or Gone with the Wind. But I read those back in fourth grade. I don't think I've recently read anything anywhere near that long.

Major book hangover because of:

Anna and the French Kiss  by Stephanie Perkins

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I have four in my room right now, for a total of 27 shelves. Most are double-stacked, and some of the books I share with my sister are in her room, and the ones I share with my dad are elsewhere. Also there are piles. Piles everywhere.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

The Westing Game by Ellen Raskins. 

Preferred Place To Read:

Anywhere I can scrunch down and put my feet up.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"Let me tell you about it," from Laurie Halse Anderson's Speak

Reading Regret:

I regret giving away all my Charlie Bone books before the whole series was out. 

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

I rarely rarely rarely actually finish a series. Right now, the Hourglass trilogy and the Attolia books are at the forefront.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart, My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger, and When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Harry Potter. After all this time, you may ask? Always.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. The wait for this is KILLING ME. 

Worst Bookish Habit:

I dog-ear my pages. 

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliet

Your latest book purchase:

 Intuition by CJ Omololu

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment